Beat the blank page!
Learn how to write more quickly and easily for your home business with this workbook
- Love running your business but hate the endless struggle to create new blog posts, emails, landing pages and sales pages?
- Feel like writing content takes up too much of your time — time you’d rather spend on something else?
- Freeze up when faced with a blank page, even when you know what you should be writing about?
- Have a stack of products that promised to make publishing content easier and faster but didn’t actually help you with getting it written?
Would you rather…?
- Take the stress out of writing by learning how to make the most of your natural strengths and how to get through the parts you find difficult?
- Save time every week by learning how to write content more quickly?
- Understand how to get past your mental blocks so you don’t waste time trying to write but producing nothing?
- Identify your “Writer Type” and understand all the options to get your content written, so you can build a custom writing process that works for you?
Then you need…
Beat the Blank Page
This workbook will help you understand what kind of writer you are and what combination of techniques and processes will make writing easier and faster — for you.
At every stage, you’ll be offered a number of options. Questions and exercises will help you decide which are most likely to be the best fit for you and how to implement them.
The end result will be a custom writing process crafted to make the most of your strengths and ease you through the aspects you find difficult.
Buy Beat the Blank Page and you’ll get
A 48-page workbook that includes:
- 9 modules covering every step of your journey to creating a more efficient, stress-free writing process
- Exercises, questions and journal prompts to help you understand how your brain engages with writing and which techniques and tools are most likely to suit you
- Options for different techniques, approaches and tools you can use at each stage of the writing process
- 3 customisable “Cheat Sheets” that will help you speed up routine steps in the writing process
- A copy of my Ultimate Editing and Proofreading Checklist
- Access to a private VIP facebook group where you can get 1-on-1 support from a writing professional with 30 years of experience in writing and editing.
Why did I create the Beat the Blank Page workbook?
I’ve spent the last 30 years earning a living from writing (and editing other people’s writing). Over that time, I’ve not only honed my own writing practice but worked alongside colleagues and clients who tackle writing in very different ways but are just as successful at creating written content.
I’ve also read enough “how to write” advice to know that, while all of it will work for someone, none of it will work for everyone. I’ve tried advice from famous writers and bounced off it very hard when attempting to implement it wholesale — but often discovered a useful insight or two in everything I’ve tried.
So this workbook was written to help you do what I’ve done: to build a writing process that brings together the right mix of techniques and tools for YOU — letting YOU write your content more quickly, more easily and with less stress.
What do I get if I buy Beat the Blank Page?
9 modules to walk you through creating a custom writing process
Exercises, questions and journal prompts to help you discover what you need
Multiple techniques, approaches and tools for you to try
3 customisable “Cheat Sheets”
Editing and Proofreading Checklist
Private Facebook group for extra support
Is this workbook right for me?
This workbook ISN’T for you if:
- You’re a fiction writer looking for help with character, plot or style — but it will help if you’re just having trouble getting your words out.
- You’re looking for advice on how to write something specific, such as a sales page.
- You want a deep dive into writing for SEO.
But it IS for you if:
- You’ve got plenty of ideas for blogs, but you don’t actually ever get them written and posted.
- You fill out your content planning calendar every month, but often don’t have the content written before posting time rolls around.
- You’ve tried other “how to write” advice and bounced off it — because it forced you into a rigid formula that works for that person, but not for the way your brain works and how your business fits into the rest of your life.
Q: Can’t you just teach me a simple, step-by-step formula for writing?
A: I could — but it probably won’t help you. I’ve worked alongside colleagues who produce similar results in the same amount of time, but get there in a very different way, so I know there’s no one-size-fits-all approach. Writing is “brainwork” and you need to take the time to understand which approaches suit the way your brain works. But don’t worry: the workbook will help you build your own simple, step-by-step formula from the options at each step — a simple, step-by-step formula that will work for YOU.
Q: Will I need special writing software or tools to get the most out of the workbook?
A: Absolutely not! In fact, it may turn out that old-fashioned pen and paper are your best friends when writing, if your brain is wired that way. Where I do suggest using a particular kind of tools, most of them are available for free in some form if you have a laptop and smartphone.
Q: What can I do if I’m having trouble figuring out one of the steps or answering a journal prompt?
A: If you buy the workbook, you also get access to my VIP Facebook group where you can ask questions, get 1-on-1 support and access additional material.
What does the workbook cover?
The 9 modules in the workbook will guide you through creating the perfect writing environment, getting any piece of content written and ready to share, and setting up systems to help you spend as little time on writing as possible.
- Module 1: What’s your “writer type”?
- Module 2: What are your “best” writing conditions?
- Module 3: What preparation do you need to do?
- Module 4: Writing the first draft
- Module 5: Editing your draft
- Module 6: Proofreading
- Module 7: Getting ready to share your content
- Module 8: Keeping it organised
- Module 9: Keeping it going
The fine print: Your success depends entirely on your own effort, motivation, commitment and follow-through, as well as the unique background you bring to the workbook. I cannot predict and do not guarantee that you will attain a particular result. You accept and understand that results differ for each individual and that when you purchase our product, there is no guarantee that you will achieve any particular result or outcome using any of the ideas, tools, strategies or recommendations presented. You are solely responsible for your results.
I present testimonials and insights about other people’s experiences with my products for purposes of illustration only. The testimonials, examples, and photos used are of actual users of my products. They are not intended to represent or guarantee that current or future customers will achieve the same or similar results; rather, these testimonials represent what is possible for illustrative purposes only.